Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crystal Cup Competition 2011 - You are not alone!

The hostile attitude by BDC came to the attention of the IDSF.  IDSF took the initiative to civilly explain to the BDC, the Crystal Cup Dancesport Competition 2011 is not an illegal event. I do not know what good it will do because BDC is no longer a rational body to discuss matters civilly.
All the same the show must go on and I truly wish that all rational English Dancesport athletes to seriously consider the acts of BDC.
The Crystal Cup Competition have its supporters through out the world. They are not alone in promoting Dancesport as a sporting event. The IDSF letter to BDC is enclosed hereunder. I do not know what the future is going to be, this matter will be debated at the coming IDSF AGM in Luxembourg. Action will have to be taken and if this is the attitude of BDC so be it. You reap what you sow.
With the Royal Wedding of William and Catherine just around the corner, I hope you do not consider it in bad taste for me to borrow a quote by King George the VI* made to the English people in September 1940. I am going to substitute certain words to bring this quote relevant to the acts of the BDC. Perhaps it is an exaggeration of the situation but in essence the effect is the same.

 
*"Like so many of our people, we have now had a personal experience of BDC stupidity which only strengthens the resolution of all of us to fight through to final victory."



On behalf of MYDF, I do wish the Royal Couple a Blissful wedding and to the wonderful British people for keeping this Historical Institution alive today. A Happy Holiday and God Bless!   

 

...........................................

 

1 comment:

skydancer4 said...

The issue laid by this Blog is clear, now I see that people who disagree with my views have started a Blog to shoot down my criticism. I read their criticism seriously but they tend to go off tangent and in substance they critise how dictatorial IDSF is. When one speak the truth one have no fear.
So I invite you the public to go to this site http://www.dance-matters.com/blog/2011/04/the-hypocrisy-of-idsf-and-their-member-bodies/

By all means read what they have to say about IDSF. You can agree with them or you may choose to disagree is up to you.

My point is where is the substance of the arguments in defending BDC? These rantings are similar to Sniguole Wood's ranting.

All I ask from them is to think a bit, if that is not too much to ask. Engage in a debate intelligently.