Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tunku Imran on IF

The key note address given by the President of the Olympic Council of Malaysia ( OCM) Tunku Imran Tuanku Ja'afar at the Sports Asia 2009 forum in Kuala Lumpur recently reminded participants the importance of International Federation.
Tunku Imran made it very clear that International Federation governing the sports should play an important role in ensuring the development and growth of the sports under the respective National Sports Association governing the sports. He further went on to emphasise that it is a two way traffic , in that if the National Sports Association (NSA) benefits from the help it received from the International Federation, this in turn will also benefit the International Federation in promoting its sports. 
What was spoken and said by Tunku is certainly interesting, when we see the problems surrounding Taekwando where Tunku was the Chairman of the Pro Temp Committee taking over the duties of the NSA that is Malaysian Taekwando Association. Perhaps with the change of stand Malaysia Taekwando problem will come to an end and they will be admitted into SUKMA. 
Coming back to Dancesport, the International Federation governing the sport is the Asian Dancesport Federation and the International Dancesport Federation (IDSF). The Malaysian Professional Dancesport Council are admitted as members in both the bodies. 
MPDC did apply to join OCM last year, unfortunately their application was rejected because of the presence of MDSB. 
The question that needs to be asked is, will MPDC be able to join OCM, so that it can play its role as the NSA for Dancesport?    

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I am flattered that you chose to use my photographs on your website it would have been a nice courtesy had you asked permission first.

-ballroompics
http://www.flickr.com/people/ballroompics

Skydancer4 said...

I do not know which picture you are referring to. I take it that it must be on my sports director's blog.That picture was taken from Google image. There was no copy right attached to it.
In the event you think that is not a true reflection of how you look , I am more than glad to replace it with another furnished by you.

If you are referring to the ball room pictures I hosted at Flickr, I am the owner of the picture and I do not need your permission to use those pictures.

However you may communicate to me if you think the picture does not flatter you, I will be glad to remove it.

Anonymous said...

I'm referring to your slideshow which is referencing not to google but directly back to my flickr account.

The slideshow is located at sportsdirector.blogspot.com on the right hand side of the main page.

Further, its not one picture but 12 different pictures. My photos are clearly marked on flickr as all rights reserved.

The pictures are not of me - they are pictures that I took during the Big Apple Dancesport Competition.

I am the owner/photographer. You do need my permission to use photos that I created and copyrighted.

At this point I'm gong to ask that you remove my photos. The photos in question all have URLs that begin

www.flickr.com/photos/ballroompics/

-ballroompics

skydancer4 said...

Okay, my apologies I now understand what you mean. When I was setting out my Blog I set it as Dancesport by default under Flickr. Your pictures appeared, I have removed them.

My sincere apologies and thank you for pointing out.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Its appreciated.

Why not do a slideshow of your own images? The IDSF Grand Slam images on your own flickr account are quite good.

Excellent colors and lighting.

-ballroompics

skydancer4 said...

Dear Anon, I hosted my pictures on Flickr and I thought it was quite boring to see the same thing again on my Blog.
Blogger.com have this feature that you can add in a slide show and they give you 3 options to pick your pictures from Flickr, Picasa and Photobucket. I chose Flickr and chose the Dancesport as the subject. Presto! your pictures appeared and it never occurred to me that I had invaded into your site.
I went to your site and was pleasantly surprised to find that there are people who enjoyed shooting dancesport over in the States.
Your pictures are pretty good too and what caught me is the organiser allows you to use flash in a dancesport competition.
Incidentally I am sure Dance Beat.com an e-magazine in the States would love to keep in touch with you, they cover Dancesport too.