Thursday, April 30, 2009

MPDC now in IDSF

The IDSF has informed MPDC that they have been selected by the Presidium of IDSF to represent Malaysian in Dancesport. The letter was dated the 22nd of April 2009 and we only informed recently. I was requested to remove the letter by our President, too sensitive it seems. Anyway in its place here is a picture of a very handsome couple Cecilia and Billy. The picture expresses passion and expression in a rumba.

The notice shock me and to MPDC. I need not repeat the story of the change in regime. I was subsequently told by the President that the Presidium of IDSF asked him if he would accept the IDSF membership, he accepted because there are no other candidate that are eligible.

I am shocked because we are MPDC the professionals now that we are in IDSF we need to apply to change our name to reflect this situation. It is more work for MPDC and with power , come greater responsibility. I was told that despite my shallow knowledge of the IDSF rules, I was not sacked and they have asked me to be the Sports Director of this new outfit.

Let this be my first duty by breaking the news to you. The next duty if you will permit me to gently and kindly remind you that under the IDSF rules passed on the 15th of June AGM in Moscow, all those who dance in an IDSF run competition will have to be a member of the National Association. Now this National Association is MPDC.

If at all you are registered previously as an MDSB member, I am sorry to have to inform you that your membership is no longer valid. You need to be an MPDC member and now you can just go to our web page at http://www.mpdc.org.my/main/ on the left hand corner go to documents and all the information on membership are there. We are still in our infantile stage and if there are hiccups here and there please bear with us a bit.

Memberships to MPDC are open to all not only to DanceSport athletes but to Dance schools also. They can join as Associate members too.

Finally I want to just remind you that MPDC exist for you, not the other way around. We want to serve our members better with the whole aim of promoting dancesport. We are a council and we act according to the Rules of IDSF, I am sorry we cannot bend the IDSF rules for anyone.

All our competitions if it carries that IDSF logo are IDSF run competitions. Our local competitions are all IDSF run competitions using all IDSF international adjudicators and the scrutineering program licensed by IDSF. MPDC is not a free for all club and if you subscribe to the ideals of Freedom to Dance , you are free to do what you want , don't join MPDC and you are not bound by any rules.

We are a sport body and as Sportsmen and Sportswomen, we expect a standard of integrity and discipline from all of you. As Sports Director I was not spared of criticism for not doing my job properly as you can see in my earlier blog, MPDC will act without fear or favour and the rules will be applied evenly to all.

To all Grade A who were nearly disqualified, you are ordered to buy me a plate of Char Kway Teow for taking the scolding on your behalf from the Chairman of adjudicators.

Lets work together!


No comments: